Thursday, April 19, 2012

Geelong Quilters Guest Speaker this Saturday

I am the guest speaker this Saturday the 21st of April at the Geelong Patchwork and Quilters Guild.
Its at the Regent Street Masonic Hall in Belmont from 1pm.

I will be talking about my love affair with scrap quilts and finishing off old quilts, from finding old blocks and tops to sourcing fabrics and threads of the same eras. I will have a selection of fabrics from the United States from the 1930s to 1960s available on the day as well.

I will also be talking about my recent trip to India where I went to work with a Social Enterprise Stitching Group run by Textile Artist Fiona Wright. I will also have plenty of her Pukka Components available for sale on the day. These are packs of silks, hand looms and other interesting cloths and fibres and other goodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment